X

Water Based Tank Sealer Kit - A+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Based Tank Sealer Kit - A+

I just resealed my GS Gas tank with this kit.
    The motorcycle tank kit provides enough KBS Klean, RustBlast, and Gold Standard Tank Sealer to treat up to a 5 gallon Tank. Gold Standard Fuel Tank Sealer is a superior, one part, ready-to-use fuel tank sealer that is specifically formulated to stop rust and corrosion.

My KOI salesman recommended it so I thought I would give it a try and I must say im pretty impressed. The best part about it is you can wash everythind down the drain when you are finished. Better than using nasty acids to cut the rust. Plus the cost is extremely low for the whole package.

The only thing I didnt like: You have to plug off your petcock opening, so I used duct tape. Well the cleaner dissolved the glue on the tape on contact so it leaked all over, a cut down rubber or cork stopper would work much better.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Look nice

Looks like a nice kit, the only irritating part is my tank is very difficult to drain. I'd definitely have to wait till winter to keep the temptation of rushing at bay.
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I've used the kit before and recommend it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
        The only thing I didnt like: You have to plug off your petcock opening, so I used duct tape. Well the cleaner dissolved the glue on the tape on contact so it leaked all over, a cut down rubber or cork stopper would work much better.
        Paper (masking) tape... works much better. Every time I've tried to use duct tape, it's leaked... easily, and quickly.

The paper tape has sealed off and never leaked on me, and is much easier to remove when I'm done with it, leaving no residue behind.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X