X

Pre Kat 600 idle issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Kat 600 idle issue

Hi Folks, I seem to be having a similar idle issue that others are having with the idle revving and hanging and then dropping after a while. My idle is very inconsistent; I can't get it to stay at around 1100 rpms. It will either begin to accelerate, especially if I give it some gas it will hang before it revs down, or it will just piddle out and stall. My mechanic friend has taken the carbs all apart and thinks the issue lies in the carbs. He's cleaned them thoroughly. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. He recommends buying a kit to replace the seals and o-rings, but that'll be pretty expensive for me. I'm wondering if between all of the people who've been through this before, we could put our heads together and help me get riding this season. Any thoughts?

Vaughn

Originally posted by vbrines View Post
    Hi Folks, I seem to be having a similar idle issue that others are having with the idle revving and hanging and then dropping after a while. My idle is very inconsistent; I can't get it to stay at around 1100 rpms. It will either begin to accelerate, especially if I give it some gas it will hang before it revs down, or it will just piddle out and stall. My mechanic friend has taken the carbs all apart and thinks the issue lies in the carbs. He's cleaned them thoroughly. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. He recommends buying a kit to replace the seals and o-rings, but that'll be pretty expensive for me. I'm wondering if between all of the people who've been through this before, we could put our heads together and help me get riding this season. Any thoughts?

Vaughn
    If you go through the carbs again replace all the orings. You can buy *most* in a hardware store using a mixture of both standard and metric. I bought oem ones for the a/f screws and one of the float rings but cant remember exactly. It's not horrible expensive except when u have to pay $2 fo a .20 oring. I would go oem on the a/f screw ones though.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Did your mechanic friend take out and clean the pilot jets that are hidden beneath the rubber plugs. I had this sam problem last year which was solved by thoroughly cleaning the pilot jets out, you must be able to see through them, I used a bristle from a wire brush, to poke through the hole and carb cleaner.

Comment

Working...
      X