Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Factory Pro jet help; stock's, 115's or 117 mains?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Pro jet help; stock's, 115's or 117 mains?

Hey just trying to get my bike fired up here, I've installed the Factory Pro jet kit "stage" 1. Needle clip position #3, floats set to 14mm, I installed the 117's off the get go, the instructions were slightly confusing to me I was not sure wether or not the 98+ 750 header counted as a "competition exhaust" . Conveniently the muffler they listed in the example was bang on the money, Zyclone RS-3, which is the can that I am using.

Should I use the stock main jets? Or the 115's or 117's? Does anyone recomend settings other than 14mm float height, clip in position 3? I'm going to pull the carbs and bench sync them then go over everything again.

Thanks alot guys!
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

The mains were what a 105 or a 110? the 117's will allow more fuel flow. So you will have to ride it and see how it reacts and then go from there. I have a full system on my pre98 750 and I am running stock jets. 105's in carbs 1,2,&4 and 110 in carb 3. That is how the factory set it up.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Stock for 600 93-96 was 112.5 for the main. I just got it started up before messing with things and it runs like crap only on choke, and as soon as I change throttle or choke position dies. So I'm gonna sync them the best I can with my eyes for the moment, and check and make sure my little silicon rings that go under the needle clip are pushed up all the way, recheck float levels and for the record my a/f is at 2.5 turns out
      For sale thread Album
      1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Ok well I switched to the 112.5's and rechecked floats and set all to 14mm, checked needles, discovered an almost stripped recieving screw hole for carb #1 for it's diaghpram cover cap. Does anyone know what the most acurate way to bench sync is?
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
        X