X

Maybe dirty carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe dirty carbs?

I bought a 88 katana 600 last year and it sat for a couple years before i bought it. It takes about 5-10 minutes of riding until the throttle is as responsive as i want it to be. I took it to a dealer to get the carbs cleaned and possibly synched and he said that would not solve my problem... it is just a normal carbuerated bike. I do have a stage 2 jet kit in it... supposedly. Is this normal or was the mechanic's statement true?

it might be.the colder it isthe long it takes to warm up.

Comment

If the bike has sat for a couple of years, I would definitely think the pilot jets have gummed up. Clean them out properly and your bike should idle fine , after a few seconds of choke from a cold start. He possibly did not want to do the work as it is time consuming, fiddly and requires patience.

Comment

The bike has done that whether it is warm or cold outside, so I def think it is something with clogged jets or something. I am going to try to find someone to clean and repair anything needed within the carbs since I am not the best person to fiddle with the 4 carbs. As I stated earlier, as soon as the bike warms up from riding a little bit, it does just about 100%, but I think it could be better.

Comment

Working...
        X