• Show
Clear All

• Corbin seat fitment

found a brand new corbin seat for sale locally
    guys has it listed as 99-02

are all posts the same ?? mine is a 04

just looked it up on ronayers and comes back to the same part#
    offered him $300 cash tonight , I will see what happens
    Last edited by rexazz2; 03-06-2010, 09:15 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

he started at 450 and I will pick it up tommorow for $xxx
    I think its a good deal for a brand new seat
    If I have it shipped to Canada I would be paying exchange , duty and stupid $ for shipping
    Last edited by rexazz2; 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

That's a decent deal for a new custom seat. Should fit fine.

Comment

It should fit, but I can't guarantee you'll like it...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Hey Rex, Why dont you just get it re-skinned for about 50 bucks? Thats what I did and it was at a golf cart shop that does upholstery. He did both for that price-driver and passenger.
          sigpic

Comment

I've had 6-8 Corbin's over the years. Don't pass judgement until you have ridden a couple thousand miles with it. Quality now is not what it used to be, but then what is?

Comment

Spencers Seat Mods in Florida does good, inexpensive work that I think rivals Corbin. My last 2 Corbin equipped bikes were poor quality for the money and one had the "piping" at a place that bit into my inner thigh.
              I've been happy with the used Suzuki / Sargent gel seat I bought off Squiggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
                Hey Rex, Why dont you just get it re-skinned for about 50 bucks? Thats what I did and it was at a golf cart shop that does upholstery. He did both for that price-driver and passenger.

Not to thread-jack, but that's an interesting idea.. my seat is starting to split on both sides at the bottom front of the seat, I'd assume from my thunderthighs hugging too tight. Golf course vinyl would be good for waterproofing, but how is it for mud-butt issues? I always get a good sweaty @ss from golf cart seats in the heat of summer..
                sigpic
                "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by clark827 View Post

Not to thread-jack, but that's an interesting idea.. my seat is starting to split on both sides at the bottom front of the seat, I'd assume from my thunderthighs hugging too tight. Golf course vinyl would be good for waterproofing, but how is it for mud-butt issues? I always get a good sweaty @ss from golf cart seats in the heat of summer..
                  I got it done in two texture black and it is nice. Smooth on the sides and a corrugated surface in the meat area. I will post some pics when it gets sunny
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    It should fit, but I can't guarantee you'll like it...
                    I picked it up today and installed it right away
                    The guy told me he had ordered it and crashed the bike before it arrived
                    I noticed the seat pan is wider especially when you put your feet on the ground when you stop
                    I would compare the pan shape to that of a John Dear tractor
                    It probably has less foam than a stock or Gel seat , but more butt contact

Originally posted by Timan View Post
                    I've had 6-8 Corbin's over the years. Don't pass judgement until you have ridden a couple thousand miles with it. Quality now is not what it used to be, but then what is?
                    I got out for a couple hours today and am happy so far

Comment

Working...
                    X