X

carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb question

ok i was looking at some carbs and was wondering if what the guy told me was right or not the number on the side of the carbs is 44CL0 K081 they are mikuni. he says they are for a 600 but just looking at them the look a little different from my 89 carbs. anyone tell me what they are for. ive done some searching and found one post about them but doesnt say if its for the 750 or the 600.

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
    ok i was looking at some carbs and was wondering if what the guy told me was right or not the number on the side of the carbs is 44CL0 K081 they are mikuni. he says they are for a 600 but just looking at them the look a little different from my 89 carbs. anyone tell me what they are for. ive done some searching and found one post about them but doesnt say if its for the 750 or the 600.
    88-89 600 carbs are steel capped, with 4 screws holding that cap on.

90-97 carbs are platic capped, with 2 screws holding the cap on.

89-97 750 look just like the later 600, but have a larger intake by 3mm.

I have no reference info on the numbers on the carbs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Post a picture and the ID measurement of the engine-side throat, and we'll be able to get a better idea of what they go to.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Go into the wiki, and check out carbs101 and carbs102. There's lots of pictures in there of Katana carbs.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ill try and get pics of them on here as soon as i can but they only have 2 screws in the cap. but i think they are 750 because they dont fit my airbox mounts unless the 600 mounts are different in the 88-89 to the 90-96 ones.

Comment

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
            ill try and get pics of them on here as soon as i can but they only have 2 screws in the cap. but i think they are 750 because they dont fit my airbox mounts unless the 600 mounts are different in the 88-89 to the 90-96 ones.
            88-89 airboxs are very different from the 90+ 600, and 750 pre kat airboxes.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i,m pretty sure the 44c ones are pre 750 carbs was at local salvage yard recently and almost positive thats what they told me to look for.

Comment

Working...
              X