X

Carb Compatibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Compatibility

Anyone know if parts from my 93 600 carbs will work on BST36SS carbs (found on pre 750's). In particular i'd like to use the needles, floats, bowls, and diaphragm covers. I hope they work..

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
    Anyone know if parts from my 93 600 carbs will work on BST36SS carbs (found on pre 750's). In particular i'd like to use the needles, floats, bowls, and diaphragm covers. I hope they work..
    Jet sizes will vary, but fittings should be the same they screw into. Floats and needles for example will swap. Covers should match as well for the 90-97 600 and 89 - 97 750 carbs.

You will need the carb to engine boots for the carbs. There are different spacings between them I believe if I remember correctly. Pretty sure I had to swap those out when I put a set of 600 carbs on my bike temp so it was somewhat functional while I redid the stock carbs. (had a parts bike I just swapped everthing over from...)

Some of the replacement parts can be had for cheap at www.carbkitscapital.com. For example, the needles for the floats are just $5 a pop.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Kreylyn, you are a life saver! I have jets for it but the needles don't seem to fit in them well. The kinda rest on top instead of going into the mains, and they have almost no point on them. Weird. I have the boots already so not too worried bout that. Any idea if my pod filters from my 600 carbs will fit on the 750's? BTW thanks for the link, I didn't want to have to pay dealer prices for replacements if it comes to that...

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
        Kreylyn, you are a life saver! I have jets for it but the needles don't seem to fit in them well. The kinda rest on top instead of going into the mains, and they have almost no point on them. Weird. I have the boots already so not too worried bout that. Any idea if my pod filters from my 600 carbs will fit on the 750's? BTW thanks for the link, I didn't want to have to pay dealer prices for replacements if it comes to that...

I was able to swap pods between 90+ 600 and 750 carbs... Not that I run them anylonger though.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Will be going on my 1216

Comment

Working...
          X