X

take off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take off

i have a 1998 gsx600f i start my bike choke off idles good its in neutral kick stand up i pull the cluch in down shift give gas and relase clutch and the bike dies..... the rpm goes up the bike jotls like a cm burst and it dies any help guys and gals ????
    Nathan

Personally, I'd look at the safety switch (above the sidestand) on my 89 Kat to make sure it's working properly. It might be nothing more than a case of lubing it.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
      Personally, I'd look at the safety switch (above the sidestand) on my 89 Kat to make sure it's working properly. It might be nothing more than a case of lubing it.
      I'm leaning more towards clutch safety switch. Could be either though, if they were completely faulty it would die when you shift into gear, releasing the clutch and it dies sounds like as soon as it gets moving you have bad contact...ok maybe check the sidestand switch first
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

allright ill check it tomorrow morning thanks guys so far

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I'm leaning more towards clutch safety switch. Could be either though, if they were completely faulty it would die when you shift into gear, releasing the clutch and it dies sounds like as soon as it gets moving you have bad contact...ok maybe check the sidestand switch first
          Good point! It's always a learning curve when it comes to bikes.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

well it was the kick stand it needed some lub now it works i drov it for about an hour i was freazing but glad i got it running thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X