X

Float valve pictures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float valve pictures

Had a good chance to show a good float valve next to a bad one.
    Out of my 95 750..

nice example BP amazing how much of a difference it makes.
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I just pulled all the valves from my spare floats tonight and they are all grooved. Where's a good place to get replacements? Will any others swap from other bikes?
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

carb kit capitol.com

Comment

i've never seen one of those.... and i've rebuilt my carbs twice.
          but ive always wondered what ya'll are talking about when referring to float valves

those are in the bowl pointy side up right?
          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 03-29-2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Pointy side towards the top of the carbs. Of course, you'll have the carbs upside down when you pull the floats off so the pointy ends will be down relative to you when you see them.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I think the pre 600 has an o-ring instead of the rubber tip.
              The rebuild kit I bought is really for the GS550,

Comment

ah yeah 600s have o rings that's y they don't look familiar.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

The float valves in my 93 600 carbs look just like the ones in the pictures.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

88-89 600s use metal tips with orings, and removable seats.

90-97 600s, and 89-97 750s use the same float needles that look just like in the pic.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

iv'e got a 94 600 ... am i missing something....
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

If you removed the floats from the carbs, the needles are attatched to them. They hang on the tab you adjust for the float height.

The version that is metal tipped, and used an oring still looks the same over all.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

weird i'm gonna have to go through my extra set...
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

How did the bike run before and after, that is a good comparison. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X