BMW 1000rr valves at 14,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 1000rr valves at 14,000

Cut-a-way view!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSDa-EUT3ZE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- BMW S1000RR Technical Video - Valves in Motion High RPM[/ame]

that was pritty cool to see.

Comment

And people still dont see the need to use the best oils possible

thats a valve opening and closing every 4 revolutions, now just think about how fast the pistons are going up and down with every revolution
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Oh lord, make it stop... That sounds damaging...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

that motor has a 16,000 rpm safe limit and can go to 18,000 rpms .. it comes de-tuned at 183 rwhp or 193 hp at the crank

Comment

Wow, pretty cool. Never seen valve springs and caps rotate like that.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Sorry, I should have posted that the first half is kinda boring..

Ne-ouble, that was wild huh? At first I thought it was an illusion.

Comment

That was frickin' impressive!
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Hey, I just realized that if the springs and caps are rotating that means there is some valve float at that speed..

Comment

repost, Charlie posted it in the lounge last Friday.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

I think that really needs to be shot on a very high speed video. Still impressive, though.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        I think that really needs to be shot on a very high speed video. Still impressive, though.
                        I'm guessing it was, you tube just doesn't host 10,000 FPS

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                          I'm guessing it was, you tube just doesn't host 10,000 FPS

eh, you're probably right..... and can you imagine how long that video would be if they slowed it down to 30 fps? I'd still be watching it.....
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                            Hey, I just realized that if the springs and caps are rotating that means there is some valve float at that speed..
                            no
                            all springs and caps will spin at high rpm.
                            its harder for the springs to twist/spin under load (compressed) then when the valve is fully closed. Any valve float at that speed with such engine tolerances would destroy the valves and pistons instantly. The springs are doing their job perfectly.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I always thought valve spin was a good thing to prevent the valves and seats from wearing together at one spot.
                              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X