Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Started, ran, lost all power, electrical bug?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started, ran, lost all power, electrical bug?

Warmed bike up this morning, during warm up up I lost all electrical and engine power after about 15 min of running. It did idle kinda high for about 5 of those minutes. The rear drive side fuse blew, replaced it, no power still. Is there a thermal kill switch in it to keep from over heating? When it died thee was some steam rolling off if it, was covered in frost when I started her up, so not sure...

What are the symptoms now?

Comment

After resetting the breaker and eliminating each circuit to trace the problem, found out it was the oil sending unit. I had dropped the bike on the signal generator side, denting the cover, turns out this was shorting out against the sending unit. Raided the parts bike, all better now

Comment

Originally posted by trixdriver View Post
        After resetting the breaker and eliminating each circuit to trace the problem, found out it was the oil sending unit. I had dropped the bike on the signal generator side, denting the cover, turns out this was shorting out against the sending unit. Raided the parts bike, all better now
        I hate tracing down electrical problems, glad you solved it!
        2003 Katana 750F
        1986 VFR 700F

Comment

yeah, no kidding, sometimes hard to tell if its a wire or a part, lol. So relieved it was something simple like that.

Comment

Working...
          X