X

Another "Won't start" thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Your bike is doing this with everything in place and put on it (airbox, filter, tank, etc...) as if you were about to go for a ride?

Krey
    Yes, even with me sitting on it, itching to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 994runnerNC View Post
      Yes, even with me sitting on it, itching to go.
      Without making any other changes, try again with adjusting the A/F screws out 1/4 turn, and start the bike...

Continue to a max of 4.25 turns.

If that does not work for you... please remove the top caps off the carbs, pull out the slides and needles.. take close up, but very clear pictures of the needles, and the bottom of the slides (where the needle goes through it), and try to get some close up pics of each carb looking directly down into the emulsion tubes (needle jets, the holes the needles slide down into).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I tried it with 3.5 turns out and 3.75 turns out, and the same thing was happening. I'll try at 4 and 4.25 turns and get some pics on Tuesday. The needles are pretty new since they came with the jet kit.

Comment

Would changing the main jets do anything to help? I'm running 115's but have 117's in the jet kit. Does the jet kit only make a difference when you're using the throttle? I'm thinking that at this point, it's worth a try...

Comment

At this point, factory pro has a hot line you can call if you are having a issue! They are very informative. It might mean adjusting the needle height and jet change. To answer your question about main jets, yes they are in use in some way thru the whole throttle circuit! Mostly at wide open throttle tho
            I have to believe you are possibly heading in the wrong dirrection with the a/f screws. Try a idle drop if you can get engine up to temp and running. search "idle drop" on here!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I would do the idle drop, but I have to take the airbox and tank off to get to the A/F screws ( I don't have that tool to do it with it running).

Are new pilot screws supposed to be included in the jet kit? I've cleaned mine a bunch of times, I was just looking at the kit and it looked like they were shown.

Comment

Originally posted by 994runnerNC View Post
                I would do the idle drop, but I have to take the airbox and tank off to get to the A/F screws ( I don't have that tool to do it with it running).

Are new pilot screws supposed to be included in the jet kit? I've cleaned mine a bunch of times, I was just looking at the kit and it looked like they were shown.
                Pilot screws are not part of a jet kit!
                you can get a cheap a/f tool from harbor freight
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                  Pilot screws are not part of a jet kit!
                  you can get a cheap a/f tool from harbor freight
                  I didn't think that the pilot screws were part of it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is there any specific name for the HF tool?

Comment

Sorry, man, I hope I never feel your pain! But I'm gonna, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
                      Sorry, man, I hope I never feel your pain! But I'm gonna, huh?
                      I hope you don't, it's very frustrating.

Comment

Without making any other changes, try again with adjusting the A/F screws out 1/4 turn, and start the bike...

Continue to a max of 4.25 turns.

If that does not work for you... please remove the top caps off the carbs, pull out the slides and needles.. take close up, but very clear pictures of the needles, and the bottom of the slides (where the needle goes through it), and try to get some close up pics of each carb looking directly down into the emulsion tubes (needle jets, the holes the needles slide down into).

Krey

I'm cleaning all the carbs/ parts again right now. The emulsion tubes and needles look fine. I'll take these pics when I am re-assembling the carbs, hopefully it will work well though.

I also tested to make sure there was vacuum on all 4 ports and the port for the petcock. While the vacuum #'s were not the same for all 4, they were pretty close considering they haven't been synch'd, and the petcock line was fine as well. I also re-tested the spark plug wires and the boots and they were all good.

Comment

Here are a few pics, I hope this helps

Comment

Bump for some help

Comment

The slides looks to me like it may have been modified. Can you see inserts in either of them (white material in contrast to the black material of the slide?).

That isn't causing your problem though...

Your bike is running lean. Either your jets are dirty, or too small for the setup you currently have. Most often it's because the pilot jets/system is dirty. If your sure they are clean... then you might consider going up 1 size on the pilot jets.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The slides looks to me like it may have been modified. Can you see inserts in either of them (white material in contrast to the black material of the slide?).

That isn't causing your problem though...

Your bike is running lean. Either your jets are dirty, or too small for the setup you currently have. Most often it's because the pilot jets/system is dirty. If your sure they are clean... then you might consider going up 1 size on the pilot jets.

Krey
                                There is nothing in the slides. During the past cleaning, the pilot jets were soaked in a carb cleaner, cleaned with water, then blown through with compressed air.

Any suggestions where to get larger pilot jets?

Comment

Working...
                                X