X

Pre 600 to gsxr 750....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600 to gsxr 750....

Well my pre 600 has a bad 2nd which I read is really common. When I test rode the bike I didnt wale on the bike and thus didnt find the bad 2nd gear. Only happens around 7000rpm+ pops out take s few seconds to get back into gear. So.... I was looking for a post 600; because I hear they dont have the problem as bad, when I found a 89 gsxr 750. I have read the swapping bigger motors in kats thread (part of it as its like 46pgs long) and see that it is a "direct fit". I have searched a bit to find that ill need the following:

"All the 600 parts can be used except for:

750 CDI
    750 Oil Cooler
    Carbs
    Header"

quoted from ctandc from this thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ight=gsxr+swap

The bike I have found has pods on it already so the airbox is gone, which I hear hinders power, has a full yoshi exhaust, s.s. brake lines and been jetted as well.

While Im still not ready to ride this year yet I am thinking about maybe swapping the motor next winter but swapping over other things. My bike needs front rotors and this bike has good calipers rotors and pads. Now I havent searched this entirely so dont get mad but I think the forks swap over using the triple from my tana? Ill dig some more. I have also read that the wheels swap over on the rear which will be nice for the extra power but does the front swap over easy? If I swap forks, front wheel, calipers, brake lines will it work on my triple? This would save me some dough....

I will continue my search but any help would nice or shortcuts to good writeups on any of these things would be appreciated.

-Zumbo
    Last edited by zumbo; 02-16-2010, 02:53 AM.

The full front end should swap over using the GSXR triples.

As for the pods, they are fine on the GSXR engine. A lot of people have run them on the GSXR's without issue, but on that Kat with their weak-sauce cams they don't seem to work so well.

Swap away!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks!

From what I have read the forks on the gsxr are about an inch maybe 1.5" longer than my tana forks? I guess ill just slide them thru the triple that much as I am a short *******. the owner of the gixxer said one of the tabs is broken on his triple but I have read in a few threads that the gsxr steering tabs are much shorter and dont work on the tana anyways???? I guess I just try the swap if I buy the bike this wknd....hopefully hes still got it.

Im really excited to pick this bike up! It will cost my about the same amount for front brakes as the gsxr. Sweetness
      Last edited by zumbo; 02-16-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X