X

shifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting

When i started my bike i shifted from neutral to 1st and the rpm reved to 9 thousand and the engine stalled. it did this several times and when i swithed it to pri it shifted fine i dont know if its because i didnt pull the front brake in all the way or if there was a problem with the clutch i would appreciate any info on this problem, but after it shifted into fisrt i rode it and it was fine......
    Nathan

from my understanding on the petcock pri doesnt use vacuum to deliver fuel but it does on res, so my conclusion is you have a vacuum leak somewhere.... not much else I can tell you.... i am new to katanas as well.

Comment

Vacuum leak? Throttle cables binding?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by natter1717 View Post
        When i started my bike i shifted from neutral to 1st and the rpm reved to 9 thousand and the engine stalled.
        Wait, FROM neutral TO first??
        That is f'ing weird.. I could see the opposite happening..
        Plus you had the clutch in I assume.

Comment

ya i had the clutch in all the way idk guys it was pretty wierd. so i should check my throttle cables and check the vaccum. when i put it in pri it ran fine i ran through 3 gears

Comment

choke?

Comment

Deffinatly vaccum leak somewhere. Check the vacuum line that goes from carb 4 to the back of the petcock. Sounds like it's leaning out to the point of stall maybe?
              For sale thread Album
              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
              X