X

looking for power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for power

im looking for a way to get more power. im already doin a pipe stage 3 jet kit and k&n unrestricted air filters. what else should i do?

i miss arsenic

Comment

Originally posted by 600katana96 View Post
      im looking for a way to get more power. im already doin a pipe stage 3 jet kit and k&n unrestricted air filters. what else should i do?

Buy a Gixxer

Or go with an engine swap.
      sigpic

Comment

A turbo and nitrous

Comment

750, 1127, or 1200 swap.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You could do a full tear down and rework of the engine you have, doing things like changing the bore size of the cylinders with new sleaves installed, tweaking the cam lobes to be more agressive for the riding style your seaking, swapping the carbs out to more agressive options with your newly built engine.

Estimated cost and power increase...

10-15 more hp
            $3000+ in labor and parts.

Or...

you could put in a Bandit 1200, or older oil cooled 1100 Kat or GSXR engine.

Estimated cost and power increase...

50-60 more hp
            $1000 in parts if you did it yourself.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok, thanks. and would a bandit 1200 motor bolt right in or would i have to make a lot of modifications?

Comment

ok, thanks. and would a bandit 1200 motor bolt right in or would i have to make a lot of modifications?
                Mostly bolt in, some minor adjustments/mods might be needed depending on what choices you want for the clutch, etc.

It's relatively very simple to do though.

Several detailed threads of others doing or having done this before alreay on the board.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I believe it bolts right in
                  sigpic

Comment

You will have to cut the bike in half and weld in a triple i beam flex style differential.

Or you could use the search bar
                    "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

buy a gsxr

Comment

Buy another katana and tie em together, you'll have twice the power...
                        Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

Originally posted by cannonball View Post
                          Buy another katana and tie em together, you'll have twice the power...
                          This!!!!!!
                          "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

93 750 Kat

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X