X

Bandit 1200 carb question PAIR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit 1200 carb question PAIR?

So I'm finally getting back to my bandit project. I am putting the bandit carbs back on. The katana 600 carbs actually work but the bike runs fairly lean.

Main problem i bought the motor from CA and it has all the cali PAIR crap on it. I've searched everywhere about PAIR block off plates and I made my own for the exhaust side.

Now I just want to know what to do with the carbs? block them off, run it to the air box?? Does anyone have a picture of what's there without the PAIR stuff? Also does anyone know if you can get rid of item number 4?d

Remove the PAIR stuff entirely, and use rubber caps to block off the down tubes.

Item #4 is one of the support rails, and is required to prevent the carbs from changing or moving position. If they did, your sync would totally be wrong.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The purpose of the hoses for the carbs are to vent the vapors into a charcoal canister for emmisions purposes. When I removed my canister I did not cap off the hoses because I still wanted the carbs to breathe if necessary.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

kreylyn.... that's weird i started pulling/twisting the rubber and the brass piece that tube was on pulled off... was that the same for you? now i have a hole to plug instead of just a rubber cap....

squiggly..... wouldn't that throw off the vacuum system? or are they not apart of it?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderRC View Post
          kreylyn.... that's weird i started pulling/twisting the rubber and the brass piece that tube was on pulled off... was that the same for you? now i have a hole to plug instead of just a rubber cap....

squiggly..... wouldn't that throw off the vacuum system? or are they not apart of it?
          That's odd, the brass plugs are glued in... they shoudn't pull off.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oh thats awesome... i'm usually pretty good with getting hoses off too. well... the option now it plug them or let them sit?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderRC View Post
              oh thats awesome... i'm usually pretty good with getting hoses off too. well... the option now it plug them or let them sit?
              I don't suppose it would be a problem to plug the hole, or put the brass plug back in and glue it, then plug that off.

I honestly do not know if the hole being open will effect the vacuum system or not. I assumed so, but ....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

My brass parts pulled out . I filled them with JB or something and popped them back in .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So if you put the brass pieces back in did you cut the hose off?

Comment

Yeah , on 2 of them . I left the other 2 connected .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X