X

clutch pushrod 89 kat 750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pushrod 89 kat 750f

ok i think i made a nubie boo boo. got a restoration underway and upon taking off the clutch cover i removed the clutch pushrod and after reassembling it the gears wont shift. so i took out the ole manual and it says make sure not to remove the pushrod..... ok so what did i do and how do i fix it ? hopefully one of you did the same boo and knows how to remedy it. thanks in advance
    sigpic
    if you can read this then your in range.
    1 shot 1 kill

Really, the manual tells you not to remove the pushrod? Weird. Anyway, there should be no problem. Assuming you did put the pushrod back in, maybe just try adjusting the clutch at the cover, and then at the lever, and see how it works out for you.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ok i got it thanks for the reply. pulled it all apart again and reasembled it again and seems to work fine now. didnt think i did anything wrong but aparently i did. guess it was just being fussy. no wonder my girl calls it my mistress... lol..
      sigpic
      1 shot 1 kill

Comment

I take out the push rod every time i clean my chain & sprockets... i've never had a problem with the gears not shifting.
        you may want to check if it straight and not binding up when pushing the clutch in.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

yeah i pulled it apart, cleaned it off again, lubed it back up and stuck it back in the hole and she was good to go from there....
          sigpic
          1 shot 1 kill

Comment

Working...
          X