X

what tire to go with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tire to go with?

hey, i need to put a set of rubber on my 05 kat and i am not sure what to go with. This is my first bike and i love the way this bike looks sounds runs and it is just a total thrill to ride. I am more of just your relaxed rider and don't get to wild on my bike, but i do like to really lay the bike down on curves, and i want to get a tire that will really stick but i don't want to spend a lot on rubber. i am 6'3 and 250lb. if that helps any. I was thinking of going with Metzeler Z6, I have heard that they are a great tire. Let me know what ya think! Thanks, WildSide

Metzlers are what i got, and have no complaints.

Comment

don't get cheap rubber thats how I got my girlfriend pregnant and my wife is pizzed off!!

naw but motorcyclesuperstore has about 26 pages of tires and there priced good w/ free shipping
      sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

lol i hear ya iv got 4 rugrats of my own. would anyone know where i can pick-up a front rim at? i have checked e-bay many times and no luck yet.

Comment

are you wanting stock wheel? I seen a set of stock ones on ebay cheap and you could resale the rear if you didnt want it

Comment

ya I am after just the front. i found on a while back but they wanted $200 for it and its used.

Comment

I just sold a set that where polished for 150 bucks that dude is crazy!

let me call my buddy i might be able to get you one cheap

this is one for 50 bucks on e-bay thats the item number
              Last edited by Plumbcraz-e; 12-07-2009, 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have great experience with a pair of Dunlop Qualifier on my Suzuki Gladius, they warm up pretty quick, very nice grip wet and dry, rear center tread has not wore flat at 5600 mi. since May this year.

Comment

That would be great! Let me know what ya find out!

the set on e-bay are for a 1987. Everytime i look for a rim the need to know the year and i think 1995 through 2007 is the year range i need. I think they went to a wider fork set up in the 90's
                  Last edited by WildSide; 12-07-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

awww u have a post 98' kat but its still the same i think

Comment

I'd go with the Z'6's. They seem to do well (in my experience) in different temps and conditions. Others may agree or disagree. That's what's on the Kat right now, and they seem to wear well. I put Dunlops on the other, and the verdict isn't in yet.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbcraz-e View Post
                        awww u have a post 98' kat but its still the same i think
                        Not to whiz in your wheaties again, but 98+ wheels are much different, and 03+ wheels are different still.

A 2003-up Katana wheel will be a direct fit, and I'm almost positive that a 2003-up SV650 wheel will work as well. A 98-02 wheel MIGHT work, but you'd need the rotors with it as well, since the 03-up had flat rotors, and the 98-03 had offset rotors.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

trust me loudnlow im gettin used to it. are you sure about that cause my bro bolted one on.....hummmm are you pickin on the new guy again?

plus after I re-read what u wrote it will work right except for the rotor one for me.......but what i know about rotors right haha
                          Last edited by Plumbcraz-e; 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbcraz-e View Post
                            trust me loudnlow im gettin used to it. are you sure about that cause my bro bolted one on.....hummmm are you pickin on the new guy again?

plus after I re-read what u wrote it will work right except for the rotor one for me.......but what i know about rotors right haha
                            All of them will bolt on....... Pre-98 wheels are different because they have swept spokes, are 3" wide, and use a speedo drive driven off of the front wheel.

98-02 wheels are straight spoked, 3.5" wide, have the dished rotors like the pre98's (but a different design rotor), and use the speedo drive off the front sprocket instead of the wheel (though I hear that some still have the ability to run a mechanical speedo drive off the wheel)

03-up wheels are straight spoked, 3.5" wide, have a wider hub and flat rotors, and do not have the ability to run a mechanical speedo drive.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a michilin pilot power 2CT on the front and a Shinko advance 005 on the rear(160 60 17). have no complaints.
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X