• Show
Clear All

• Kat750 cams in kat600

Ok I have searched read reread and searched. Seems all cam
    swaps are kat to gsxr cams. I am looking at possablely putting
    a set of kat 750 cams in my 600. I have the cams and stock
    750 exhaust with welds cleaned out I will also be doing the factory
    pro jet kit. This on a pre600. Will the kat 750 cams give me
    a nice power increase across the band or will it all be on the top.
    I have a set of gsxr750 cams just unkown year and not a high end rider.
    I would like to keep the low and mid range power.
    TimT794

I did a gsxr 750 cam swap on a post. If I remember correctly you can't do it with kat 750 cams. Again I don't know on the pres. Why not just go with the gixxer cams? You will probably get more lift.

Comment

If you've got a 600 with shims, then it won't work at all. If you have forked rockers, then they will physically fit, but won't make much difference. I haven't got the numbers right in front of me, but both 600 and 750 kat cams are REALLY mild.

Any oil-cooled GSXR cams, from an engine with forked rockers (4 lobes per cam) will fit, and will actually make a difference. People recommend the 89 GSXR750 cams because they are the most aggressive, but 85-87 cams will work as well, as will katana 1100 cams, and some years of GSXR1100.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks didn't occour the screw Vs shim
        valves.
        TimT794

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          If you've got a 600 with shims, then it won't work at all. If you have forked rockers, then they will physically fit, but won't make much difference. I haven't got the numbers right in front of me, but both 600 and 750 kat cams are REALLY mild.

Any oil-cooled GSXR cams, from an engine with forked rockers (4 lobes per cam) will fit, and will actually make a difference. People recommend the 89 GSXR750 cams because they are the most aggressive, but 85-87 cams will work as well, as will katana 1100 cams, and some years of GSXR1100.
          I used 91 gsxr cams

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
            I used 91 gsxr cams
            I couldn't remember if the 91's had forked rockers or shims, so I didn't mention it. Good to know, though.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X