X

750 or B12 Carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 or B12 Carbs?

Im in the middle of my B12 swap and Im torn between which set of carbs that I should use. I think they are both 36mm but Im unsure which set would be better to use:

1) 750 Carbs: Highly tuned for pods and aftermarket exhaust. Dynojet Stage 3 with 140 mains. Pre carbs-no TPS. (Just cleaned)

2) Stock B12 carbs, made for the current motor. Completely stock.
    Post carbs -TPS (Needs cleaned)

I plan on running my 750 V&H full exhaust and the Pod filters. I obviously dont have a plug for the TPS, but I dont think that will affect anything. I know both sets will probaly need fine tuned for the B12, but which set do you guys think I should start with? Would it be easier to start from scratch or use the ones tuned for the aftermarket exhaust and filters?
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Keith always said "keep the carbs with the motor"
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

However Sin told me to use my 750 carbs when I get mine . So I guess either will work .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I dont see this as a hard choice. if the 750 carbs dont work out, or are just too big a PIA, you still got the original B12's to throw on.
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Start with the carbs that already have a jet kit in them. If you can't figure out how to tune them, buy a jet kit for the B12 carbs or call me at 714-356-7845. It it were MY bike, I would be looking for a set of RS36s or FCR37s. Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
            Start with the carbs that already have a jet kit in them. If you can't figure out how to tune them, buy a jet kit for the B12 carbs or call me at 714-356-7845. It it were MY bike, I would be looking for a set of RS36s or FCR37s. Ray.
            What are the RS36s and FCR37s off of, and why are they so good?
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

RS36= Mikuni Smooth Bore ("Flatsides?") http://771doug.netfirms.com/mikunis.html
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Either set will work but if you want to make life easier use the b12 carbs, stock pilots, float heights set spot on & the DJ kit with 150 dj mains, you can safely ignore the TPS on these carbs but check carefully for worn/oval emulsion tubes

hope it helps
                tone
                Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                X