X

triple tree + ignition issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple tree + ignition issues

so i was tryin to pull my ignition. i lost the key and the handle bars are in the locked position. it seems like triple tree is stuck and i didnt know if thats cuz the handlebars are locked? if that is the case is there n e way to get my igntion out with it locked or do i havta have a lock smith come out and make a key on site?

the handlebars lock because there is a pin in your ignition that pokes out when in the 'locked' position.
    the pin slides into a groove.

you *should* be able to remove your ignition without the key.
    there are two bolts underneath the upper triple (they require a T-40 security torx bit). Those bolts are the only thing that hold the ignition in place. take them out, then pivot the ignition, if you can.

hopefully that works for you =)
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
      the handlebars lock because there is a pin in your ignition that pokes out when in the 'locked' position.
      the pin slides into a groove.

you *should* be able to remove your ignition without the key.
      there are two bolts underneath the upper triple (they require a T-40 security torx bit). Those bolts are the only thing that hold the ignition in place. take them out, then pivot the ignition, if you can.

hopefully that works for you =)

i saw that but i cant get that took into the one side because the bars r locked and something is underneith it. so i guess ill just havta pay the locksmith for a service call, said itd be aroun 90. most expensive key i ever bought, it better be gold plated

Comment

The lock (on pre98 anyway.. I have no idea what you ride) only "locks" the bars to one side. you ought to be able to knock the top tree off. B est way (once you have everything loose/off/disconnected) is to thread the stem bolt in almost all the way then while lifting the front end whack the stem screw. The top tree fits on a taper so it wont just fall off once you remove the screws.

Comment

Working...
        X