X

dynojet kit needles dont fit. Anyone else have this prob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynojet kit needles dont fit. Anyone else have this prob

Well I got my jet kit in and started installing it when I ran into a big problem.

The damn needles are way to big and wont go down into the holes.

Anyone else have this problem ?

By bike is a 96 750 and I have the 750 jet kit. originally my bike was a 600 so i was thinking I might have 600 carbs but I was told they are the same.

Thanks

i am pretty sure the 750 and the 600 have different carbs, or at least the newer ones do, if it is a conversion you may have the wrong carbs on there because by all means everything should fit perfect
    2004 Katana 600
    D&D carbon fiber slip-on
    Factory ignition advancer
    K&N Filter
    Dynojet jet kit

Comment

Yes , 600 and 750 carbs are different . I've heard stories about DJ sending out the wrong needles in their kits before ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Im gonna call them on monday and see what they say.
        I also bought them from dennis kirk so I guess I will call them too.

Hopefully they can get it strightened out cause I tapped 2 of my slide holes and I installed the k&n filter (which are comming back off today) and now the bike runs like total ASS.

Hopefully its just the filters. I cant get over 3k right now, hoping I even got the right slide hole fixer thingy's

Comment

Without the right needles in the carbs, your bike will run like ass with the K&N's on it. I've got them on mine and it wouldn't even start until I got the jet situation taken care of. And yes, 750's and 600's have different carbs. You're going to want to get the right kit for your carbs because the jet size is different as well. For the 600 carbs, you'll need Dynojet kit number 3131.

Here's the info on what comes with the kit. http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3131.pdf

If you're running a full aftermarket exhaust along with the K&N's, use the 134 jets and put the clip on the 3rd ring on the needle. After that and a quick sync, you should be running great!

Oh yeah, don't forget to do your mixture screw as well....

Comment

Well im not jet kit illliterate, I plan to do a write up on them in a minute since I have had so much experience with installing them and tunning them in.

I was just shocked to the difference between the stock airbox and the k&n's. Some bikes wont give that much of a difference but its a GOOD thing that the bike ran that poorly. It just lets me know that these carbs are DAMN HUNGRY FOR MORE air. I could only imagine how substantial this gain will be once tuned in properly.

Also it seems the more I am reading on the net and researching the more it seems the carbs are NOT different on the pre 98's. Just seems to be difference mains on them. Guess I could be getting alot of bad info, but this is the way it seems all across the net.

Has anyone ever actually compaired the 2 carbs side by side and checked all the jets/adjustments/size?

Comment

Ok forget about the 600 carbs possibility.

Thats the motor that was put into my bike.

I won the bike off ebay from a guy that lived close and that was the motor he won, I just checked through his feedback.

So I guess that pretty much eliminates that possibility. Looks like DJ fucked up

Comment

Also just checked the parts fiche, guess they are different.

But after looking closely at the two these are definetly my carbs

750 carbs

not these

600 carbs model J

But these are also 600 carbs and look close

600 carbs model L/M/N/P/R/S/T

Comment

I wasn't trying to say you were jet kit illeterate or anything like that. Just the info I knew for the 600 carbs since I've already been thru this. According to the Dynojet site, the needles are different for the 600 and 750 kits, as well as the jet sizes. Maybe somebody put different carbs on it before it went up for sale? Who knows?

Comment

I think its the needles, Ill call on monday and see what they say.
                    I have the net back at my house now so I can just e-mail them some pics and they could possibly compair them and figure it all out.

Comment

That's cool. Let us know what you find out.... I'm interested to see.

Comment

Well DennisKirk called today.

They said they have 2 kits in front of them and all the needles are the same

SO i asked the guy "LEE" very cool guy, to grab a 600 kit and lets see if the needles are smaller, if they are Ill take the 600 kit.

So It may look like I have 600 carbs on my 750 but they would have to be the LMPRST whatever ones not the J carbs cause they look nuthing like the J carbs posted above.

Ill know in about 30 minutes or so.

Comment

Lee just called back it sounds like somehow I got 600 carbs on my bike, got me.

So he's sending out the 600 kit and I will see what happens when it gets here.

Comment

Lets back up just a sec....................

You said your bike WAS a 600.............did you re-sue those carbs?

Did the new motor come with its own carbs?

The carbs ARE different!! 32mm for 600's and 36mm for 750's. Been that way since '88 at least................

The needles ARE different............so are several other things about them........

Here's what might have happened (seen it before):
                            The OD of BOTH carbs is the same............the ID is different. 32 or 36
                            You CAN slide either set into the wrong intake manifolds, as the OD on the intake side is the same.

CHECK THIS: What are the numbers on your carbs? 600's have 44C10's for most of the 90's...............750's have another number. (I'll check my manual to get it if you need it)

Also..............double check the engine block to confirm its 749cm(cubed)....just in case, but I'll bet somebody switched them somewhere...........
                            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I bought the bike with the 750 conversion already done.

I think I linked the motor that went into the bike and it came with the carbs.

Im really wondering if the last guy got ripped and if it is a 600, sure the hell doesnt feel like it though.

I will check the block and see what the carbs have on them.

Oh and where do I even look on the carbs ?

Comment

Working...
                              X