X

Some help/advise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help/advise

OK, so first off im working with a 93 katana 600. The bike was in a wreck before me and ive been slowly building it back to working order. I just got it back from a mechanic that cleaned and synced the carbs, the issue's are.

A- when i turn the bars all the way right it revs up quite high, i know this is a routing issue with the throttle. Im going to just replace the cable, however is there a certain place to route it? (ie. between certain carbs)

B- I went to go ride it and when i accel, it will go from a steady accel to what seems like WOT. This is happening in a straight line, so im assuming that its not the above cable issue. What could be causing this, could it be the clutch even tho its accelerating with the rpms?

C-The clutch lever has no play in it, in fact its kinda scary! It doesnt grab until its pretty much all the way back to how it would be if you didnt have your hands on it. The guy that just cleaned my carbs mentioned this could be the case if the clutch was going out, and the previous owner just tightened the cable to make it last a few more miles. Is this most likely the case? Also when i start it up, then throw it into first the bike dies. Again is this a clutch issue or tuning issue?

D- (this is the last one i promise) If i just give in and get a new clutch, is it a pain in the ars like replacing one in say a car/truck?

EDIT- Just watched a few videos on how to replace a couple clutches on differnet bikes, its definitly something i can do no problems. So we can scratch off "D".
    Thanks
    Last edited by imprtkid04; 10-18-2009, 05:30 AM.

here is a link to the service manuals , pretty sure cable routing is in there

it will also show you adjustment on the clutch and how to replace
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      here is a link to the service manuals , pretty sure cable routing is in there

it will also show you adjustment on the clutch and how to replace
      Thank you for the response, however,
      I have the manual, Service manual doesnt show everything, sometimes its best to get a second oppion from others that own/work on their bike. Thats all im looking for in these questions

Again thanks

Comment

Working...
      X