help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!

ive been tinkering with my bike and now it wont start

when it would start, my idle was below 1000. i followed the throttle cable down to the carbs and messed with this bolt (first pic):

i followed the object(?) that moves when you twist the throttle and came across this little screw between carbs 3 and 4 (right side of bike when sitting on it):

how do i undo what ive done?

edit: for awhile, it would start up and stay at about 4500 while i was holding the choke on. once the choke was released it would shut straight off. now it wont even start with the choke on
    Last edited by cmurdah; 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM.
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Not knowing exactly what you did, couple of possible guesses...

The throttle cables are now out of adjustment and causing issues (holding the throttle open and flooding it out.) This would explain high revs and then not wanting to start later.

If you adjusted that screw (2nd pick) your carbs are now out of sync, and that would cause some issues (pretty major issues) on running right. To fix, you need to re-sync the carbs (only if you adjusted that screw in the 2nd pic). If you didn't change that screw... focus on your throttle cables. They should not be overly tight, and have a little bit of slack for the throttle. (you should be able to turn the throttle about 1/8th of an inch before it engages the cable.)

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

bad bad cmurdah, download a manuel before doing anything further or take it to a dealership cause to buy the sync tool and doing it might be alittle confusing. i tried doing it and took foreva because i had to take alot of stuff out and i had no paitience. lol. theres also a link on how to sync your carbs with the tools with pics as well. www.motorcycleanchor.com and check out the links. like Krey said if you touched the bolt in the 2nd pic you might be out of sync.
      this is the best icon eva

Comment

Sorry Dude ~
        You are now out of sync, which was probably not the problem to begin with ....
        Seems you have touched the wrong screws.
        Do your homework first, will save you lots of cash at the Stealership.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
        X