X

pre valves question....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre valves question....

Are the valves/springs, etc... interchangeable on the pre 600 and 750? I thought someone mentioned that the 600 was basically a sleeved down 750, so am curious if I can use 600 valves in my 750...tks

No, I don"t think the sizes are the same

Comment

The head is different on the 600 and 750. I don't think the parts are interchangeable.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

No. Pre 600 and 750 have different size valves, completely different head, different stroke/bore.......

The pre 600 is a sleeved down version of the 85-86 GSXR750 (whether the valves from that would swap, I don't know, but I'd be inclined to say no). The pre 750 is a mildly changed version of the 88-89 GSXR750. Not a big difference in years, but a huge difference in engines.

Honestly, though..... from your picture it looks like you have a post (98+) 750, not a pre.

If you want to find out what interchanges, hit up Ronayers.com , look up your year and model, find the part you are thinking of, and enter it in the "reverse lookup" box. Voila! Every bike it was ever installed in as factory equipment.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
        X