X

Lost my key! help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my key! help!

i only have 1 key when i bought it and just forgot to get another one, its a nice fall day n i thouth id go for a ride just to find out i have no key! what can i do? i cant take it anywhere because the ignition is locked with the handlebars turned n its in my shed, its a 98 600. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

3 options
    -find the key
    -remove ignition and get the code off the bottom of it get a key cut by lock smith
    -call a lock smith
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

theres no way suzuki can look sumthin up by the vin number or anything?

Comment

do you got a truck? take it to a local locksmith, they should be able to rekey for you. I had my house doors rekeyed for $15/cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by mattw205 View Post
          theres no way suzuki can look sumthin up by the vin number or anything?
          No. Your Suzuki dealer will do absolutely NOTHING about it.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
            do you got a truck? take it to a local locksmith, they should be able to rekey for you. I had my house doors rekeyed for $15/cylinder.

There are tamper proof screws that hold the ignition in
            there is a set of numbers ,3or4 digits on the hidden surface
            once you have that the locksmith can make you 2 keys

Call the lock smith and ask but I am pretty sure it has to come out , so more work you can do yourself the cheaper it will be for you
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

ferget the helmet and seat locks. they dont use all the cuts on the key blank. pull your gas tank and bring it to a locksmith to rekey it from the gas cap lock. (he'd thank you for draining it first) it will help if you trailer your skoot with so you can try the key in the ignition right away once he gets one to fit the gascap. save you a few round trips.
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                ferget the helmet and seat locks. they dont use all the cuts on the key blank. pull your gas tank and bring it to a locksmith to rekey it from the gas cap lock. (he'd thank you for draining it first) it will help if you trailer your skoot with so you can try the key in the ignition right away once he gets one to fit the gascap. save you a few round trips.
                Hey......good info.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                  so ur sayin the gas cap key whole is exactly the same as the ignition n if i just get the key made from that itll work in the ignition?

Comment

Bummer .... when I got my bike it had only one key. Now I have 4. Good luck!

Comment

Best bet is to call the local lock smith and see if they have Suzuki Motorcycle blanks, if so he can have it done in no time for about $60.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

just ask SweetLou how i know this
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                        X