X

Factory Pro Jet Kit Going in tomorrow - advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Pro Jet Kit Going in tomorrow - advice

So I've had the Factory Pro jet kit for a while now and it's about time it went in.

It's going into a post 750 with a stock exhaust.

Any last minute advice, tips, tricks or help would be appreciated.

I'm going to follow the instructions that are included in the kit, but just as a backup can you tell me......

What groove the c-clips go on, how many turns out for the A/F screw, how many mm to set the floats............anything else?

I have a few people telling me not to do it as it'll screw up engine......so I want to get it right so I don't look like a knob.

I appreciate the assistance.

Well, relax... it won't screw up the engine, and worst case... it's completely removable.

That said...

Start with the c clip on 2nd grove from the top and adjust to tune from there.
    2.5-3 turns... start at the lower and adjust from there.
    Post float height is 13mm.... just be sure your tilting them so that they just lightly fall into the carbs when you measure... not with the carbs fully upside down.

and once your done, you'll look back and go... wow, that wasn't difficult at all.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah don't do it until you get #15 pilot jets, Trust me I have been down this road.

Set the A/F screws to 3.5 out and set the float height at 14mm.

Set the needles on the 3rd clip as I have tested this to be right at 13.6~13.9 AFR during a cruise and it will pull without any hesitation.

Call Factory Pro and tell them to send the pilot jets to you, They will give them to you and pay the shipping.

If ya get in a pinch let me know.

Ok just noticed you are in Australia, Maybe you have the #15 already.

Tmod
      Last edited by Tmod; 10-02-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Dont do it god it just not worth it

Comment

What about the needle jets - do I put in the 117.5, 120 or 122.5 ones? I suppose I just replace the existing ones that are probably worn with the new ones of the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
            What about the needle jets - do I put in the 117.5, 120 or 122.5 ones? I suppose I just replace the existing ones that are probably worn with the new ones of the same size.
            Check the needle jets and if they look like they are worn then replace them, As far as the main jet start with the 117.5 mains.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
            X