X

Hard starting 2000 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard starting 2000 750

I took the bike apart today at the shop. I was planning to adjust the valves but got to the part where you have to start removing "all" the cables and chickened out there since I needed to ride the bike home and it just looked like alot of work. I did however replace the plugs even though the old ones did not look bad. I tightened all the carb boots, checked the air and fuel filters, both are clean. Then I got to the battery.... The bike has always cranked what seemed kind of slow, but it would crank for a quite a while, so I figured the battery was ok. I tested it with the electronic tester at the shop and it tested ok. I pulled it out and removed the caps and found that it was basically dry inside, the label says do not add water. I knew that the battery couldnt be much good since it said right on the label, fill all 6 cells with acid and never add water and yet this battery was dry inside even though it tested ok with midtronics battery tester. I went to local bike shop and purchased a new maintenace free battery and found that the bike now cranks over about 1/3 faster. Ill keep ya posted over the next few days how the cold starts are going. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Heres some pics of the plugs, They look fairly normal to me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike r; 09-29-2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: adding a picture

I think you need more posts before you can add pics
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by mike r View Post
      the label says do not add water. I knew that the battery couldnt be much good since it said right on the label, fill all 6 cells with acid and never add water
      You should be able to go to your local automotive store and buy battery acid to fill or re-fill a dry battery.

Originally posted by mike r View Post
      How can I add pictures of the plugs?
      Down below in the large "Additional Options" box there's a button that says "Attach Files". Click that, then you should be able to attach a picture from your computer.
      Last edited by squiggy; 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
      X