X

cdi ignitor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdi ignitor

if the cdi goes bad will the bike even crank? all my bike does it crank, spit and sputter. ive got fuel and spark and now i am out of ideas...

spit and sputter sounds like wet or dry fouled plugs

Comment

i tryed pulling the plugs and letting the system dry out but it does the same thing when i try to start it again

Comment

Originally posted by karabinian View Post
        i tryed pulling the plugs and letting the system dry out but it does the same thing when i try to start it again
        did you try a fresh set of plugs?
        youd be surprised how little residue fouls a plug, worst case you got a new set of plugs win win

Comment

+1 I believe it would crank but not give spark
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

didnt try new plugs yet but i will do that

Comment

If the CDI is gone, you won't have spark. What happened immediately prior to the bike not running? (was it running before? when did it stop?)
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
              X