X

Pre 600 bottom with pre 750 top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600 bottom with pre 750 top

Has anyone swapped a 750 topend onto a 600 bottom?
    Or can someone direct me to a thread that has info on doing the swap.
    TimT794

cannot be done wrist pins are diff diameters
    I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Thanks didn't check that.

Funny I checked crank and inserts but didn't check wrist pin
      So a 600 crank can go in a 750 and run a 750 top end using
      the 750 con rods?
      Last edited by Timt794; 09-06-2009, 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      TimT794

Comment

I believe the 750 and 600 heads are a direct swap. Not an expert but Im sure some on here can awnser it.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
          From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
          this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

A couple of threads of when I first decided I was going to do this. 2 years later, I still haven't done it..... I've gotten all the parts to, just ran out of motivation.

Hope that helps.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks for the links. I'm looking into 1986-88 gsxr pistons
            they have the 18 mm wrist pin boring out my cyliners and
            running my kat 750 head and cams. Shouldmake around a
            636. Will post when I know more. Thanks for all the info.
            TimT794

Comment

If you run 85-87 (88 was a short stroke motor, much like the pre98 kat 750) pistons/cylinders on a 600 bottom end, it will end up being a 750, not a 636. The stroke of the 600's and the 85-87 & 90-92 (US Model) GSXR750's is the same.

BTW- I don't have first hand experience with this, but I'd guess trying to bore out your 600 cylinders to accept the 750 pistons (almost 8mm you'd have to bore out!) is going to be either impossible, or entirely too much work. I don't know if the OD of the sleeves is the same.... if it is, you could just pull the sleeves and drop 750 sleeves in it, or the much easier way, if you're already hunting down old GSXR parts, would be to just use an old GSXR cylinder block.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Could I run the stock 90-92 pistons with a kat pre 750 cylinder?
                Have it honed for piston and rings? Have complete kat 750
                with bad crank. Easier to find the 90-92 stock pistons.
                TimT794

Comment

Originally posted by Timt794 View Post
                  no a pre 750 kat block is 73mm bore and 90-92 pistons are 70mm
                  I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Timt794 View Post
                    Uh, no. 85-87 & 90-92 had 48.7mm stroke and 70mm bore, 88-89 GSXR750 & 89-97 Katana 750 had 44.8mm stroke and 73mm bore. You'd have to sleave down a pre98 kat 750 cylinder for 90-92 GSXR pistons, or 85-87 pistons.

If you are looking for something simple (no spacers, no sleaves, no boring, etc) then just slap an 85-87 or 90-92 GSXR750 cylinder, head, and pistons onto your 600 bottom end. Trying to make the pre98 750 parts work on there is not so simple.

If you are hip to buying kind pricey stuff to make it work, you could source a set of aftermarket pistons for a 90-92 GSXR750 in 73mm and use them, but you'd still have to get a spacer to put under your cylinder block, to keep the pistons from crashing into the head. Actually, maybe it would be better to try to find some in 74 or 75mm, so you could have the kat block bores cleaned up before you go throwing a set of $400 pistons in there. I don't know how the domes would match up with the head, though. The valve reliefs might be in the wrong spot.

If you PM a member named Suzukiray on here, I know he told me he could have a custom set of pistons made up for the application. It won't be cheap, but it would be much simpler.

Comment

Thanks will pm him for price and other ideas. Trying to not
                      have to buy an unknown motor bit seems price wise may
                      be the way to go.
                      TimT794

Comment

If you choose to go the 85-87 top end direction, this would be a start........ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...Q5fAccessories

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I've decided to put a crank in the
                          750 eng. Now new questions what's the difernce in the
                          600 vs 750 cdi. What jetting to use withthe smaller carbs on
                          the 750? Never ending but that's what makes all of this fun
                          thanks to everyone for there help. Hope I can return the favor
                          sometime
                          TimT794

Comment

the rev limit is lower on the 600. I don't know about the ignition curve, though. I've had a 600 running on a 750 box before.... Didn't notice anything different except that it would overrev.

Comment

Thanks figured it should work but good to hear from someone
                              who's already trie it.
                              TimT794

Comment

Working...
                              X