X

Pre jet needle questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre jet needle questions

1. How in the hell do you get these to go back in to place after removing them to clean them? I can't get any of the four I have in place.

2. I'm thinking of replacing them as it just might be better off to have brand new ones then go through doing this again anytime soon, but which one do I go with? All the online microfiche have two, P-1M and P-2M. Does anyone know the difference?

Thanks
    97 GSX600F
    76 CB750F
    71 CB175

Are you talking about the emulsion tubes(where the needles slide) if so then just push them in and make sure the little bump is on the flat part af the base then tighten them up with the main jets

Comment

Yes, the emulsion tubes. I can't get them back through the beige piece the slides are guided by. It's like they're too large to fit.
      97 GSX600F
      76 CB750F
      71 CB175

Comment

are they upside down? I believe they are supposed to be pretty tight i had to push mine pretty hard

Comment

Threaded end is the "bottom"... bottom drops from the top side of the slide into the hole. Make sure the slot on the side is turned correctly.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
            are they upside down? I believe they are supposed to be pretty tight i had to push mine pretty hard
            Ok, you're right, very tight fit. I couldn't get them in with just thumb pressure, I had to use the metal corner of a desk and bod weight to get them to pop through.

Kreylyn - I wanted to ask you about an o-ring I need and you mention in another post:

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            The pilot air jet regulates how much air/vacuum is input into the idle system.

The rubber plugs helps to regulate the amount of fuel that is dispensed through the fuel pilot jets (also part of the idle system), and primarily prevents fuel from being forced through the pilot jet and flooding, instead allowing for the vacuum to pull fuel through the pilot jets at the appropriate amount depending upon the vacuum applied at the time.

You pulled out the emulsion tubes (also called needle jets)... that is what your asking if should be sanded shiny... the emulstion tubes.

I would check to make sure they are not worn, and replace if they are.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/needle_jet_wear.html explains how to tell they are worn.

I used o-rings from lowes to replace every oring except for the A/F screws.

Krey
            Would you happen to know what o-ring you used for the bottom of the beige sliders? (Borrowed picture since I don't have more than a cell camera)

Photo credits go to 600tostart and I will remove if asked to.

Anyone know about the new emulsion tube differences?
            97 GSX600F
            76 CB750F
            71 CB175

Comment

Carbs 101

* Install new O-rings on the bottoms of the diaphragms. You can use standard plumbing # 7 O-rings, available at any hardware store, Lowes or Home Depot
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post
                Ok, you're right, very tight fit. I couldn't get them in with just thumb pressure, I had to use the metal corner of a desk and bod weight to get them to pop through.

Kreylyn - I wanted to ask you about an o-ring I need and you mention in another post:

Would you happen to know what o-ring you used for the bottom of the beige sliders? (Borrowed picture since I don't have more than a cell camera)

Photo credits go to 600tostart and I will remove if asked to.

I cheated and bought a metric nitril O ring set from Harbor Freight. It worked well for me.

Comment

kevin2502000 - sorry, I have it saved to my external and I did not remember it listing any sizes for the o-rings on it and my external isn't here right now. Thank you though!

Kfreak - I'll check that out and see if I can find one at the one down the road.
                  97 GSX600F
                  76 CB750F
                  71 CB175

Comment

I bought 2 kits for various projects. The item numbers are:

If you buy any other rings make sure they are Nitrile or for petroleum applications.

Comment

The o-ring in question is very close to a standard #7 o-ring that you can get pretty much anywhere.
                      sigpic
                      »Ross Wendell
                      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post

Would you happen to know what o-ring you used for the bottom of the beige sliders?

#7 as has been mentioned is working well for me so far.

New emulsion tube differnces?... Mine were stainless, instead of brass. Other than that, I was not aware of any other differences.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                        X