X

a/f screw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/f screw

Just wondering how a pre would run If a/f screw is adjusted to 2.75 turns instead of 2.5 turns out.
    Will that have any effect in the higher rpm range (5000 to 7000) rpms.
    Its possible when i set mine i could have mistook 2.75 for 2.5.
    Im not a carburetor guru.

not high range, but it will certainly affect idle and low range. I put my screws to 2.75 when I cleaned my carbs and I'm actually just about to go take the carbs off again and reset them to 2.5
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by wismo View Post
      Just wondering how a pre would run If a/f screw is adjusted to 2.75 turns instead of 2.5 turns out.
      Will that have any effect in the higher rpm range (5000 to 7000) rpms.
      Its possible when i set mine i could have mistook 2.75 for 2.5.
      In general it will idle/run a little rich in the lower rpms if your bike is mostly stock. Symptoms would be bike starts cold with no choke... idles a little rough when warm, might load up at low rpm take offs, etc... How severe the problems are will be a little different for every bike.

Optimally, setting at 2.5 as a starting point, then adjusting them individually when running to get the specific best setting for each carb would be the way to go.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The shop that fine tuned my bike to get it to pass emissions and run properly said they were all at about 2.75 give or take a little(my bike is completely stock) -ATM-

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
          The shop that fine tuned my bike to get it to pass emissions and run properly said they were all at about 2.75 give or take a little(my bike is completely stock) -ATM-

Really? I would think richening it would make it worse for the emissions tests........
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

+1

For emissions you should be running slightly lean. I run 2.75 with a full yoshi and it runs rich. If you're running 2.75 on a stock bike you need to clean your carbs.
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

yep im with kevin on that one unburned hydrocarbons would be bad for emmissions test i would think
              Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Each bike will be different.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X