X

aftermarket exhaust-no jet kit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket exhaust-no jet kit??

hi i was just wondering is it bad to run aftermarket exhaust without jetting the carbs? will it hurt the bike, or just make it run crappy? sorry if this is in the wrong forum

it will make it run lean(hotter)might be able to get away with adjusting your af screw to 3 turns.thats my guess.

Comment

Is it a slip-on or a full system?

Comment

It could cause the bike to run to lean, which makes it run hot. That could cause problems. If it is just a slip on you should be able to get away with it. A full exhaust system should be jetted as well.

Adjusting the a/f screws really only affect lower rpms. so backing them out to 3 turns wont really help ya much there.

Comment

I have a full yoshi exhaust with no jet kit and it's definitely less than ideal but workable. I do ok with my a/f screws at 2.75, just make sure you really clean your carbs. My jets looked fine and it ran like crap until I soaked everything in carb cleaner for a few days to make sure I got every spec of varnish out.
          sigpic
          »Ross Wendell
          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by joshi_88 View Post

Adjusting the a/f screws really only affect lower rpms. so backing them out to 3 turns wont really help ya much there.
            good point but he may just idle around

Comment

k ty all for your help

Comment

Working...
              X