Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Out of the Shop Finally!!! Now it dies at idle often...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Shop Finally!!! Now it dies at idle often...

Got it out of the shop after two months yesterday.
    Got a:
    vavle job
    carb sync (I think)
    New plugs
    New air filter
    New crank case and gaskets (mine was dented in)
    New oil
    New filter
    New battery
    New fuel filters

And the thing still wont stay on at idle 30% of the time. I cleaned pilot jets myself with carb cleaner and a wire brush (pushed it through the jet hole, and all the other jets for that matter). -before it went to the shop.

Usually when I'm sitting at a stoplight, if I'm in gear its okay, but if it idles for more than like 20seconds, it dies. (whether in gear or neutral). Also the idle fluctuates about 500 RPM every 1/2 second or so; sounds not good. And when I rev it up while not moving, when it comes back down it dies.

Oh well, at least I can ride now . I went and practiced my curves a little today. Feels awesome to ride again.

Anyone got any suggestions? I think I'm going to run a little more Sta-bil and Cheveron through the tank and see if that helps. Other than that, it sounds like the pilot jets I JUST CLEANED.

Oh well.

Thanks a lot,
    -Sam

Don't run ANYTHING through the tank if your stuffs "supposedly" clean . I'd wager that MAYBE you have incorectly adjusted carb settings . If it was me , I'd change the pilot screws . Probably turn them in a tad . Quick and easy to try . And the fluctauting idle shouldn't be happening at ALL I would think if the carbs WERE synched , otherwise I would THINK someone at the shop might've mentioned it ... That's just my opinion , I could be wrong .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Could the idle be from a vacuum leak? Or from the intake not being sealed all of the way?

I'll try the pilot jets when I get some free time.

thanks,
      Sam

Comment

And the thing still wont stay on at idle 30% of the time. I cleaned pilot jets myself with carb cleaner and a wire brush (pushed it through the jet hole, and all the other jets for that matter). -before it went to the shop.
        you are not supposed to push anything through the jets holes. Mikuni and kehien both express this clearly on their website, as does the manual for your bike. It can alter the size/dimension/shape of the hole and alter the flow of fuel/air. The results could be just the problem you are having now. However, I have never seen anyone who had this problem. Just letting you know it is not supposed to be done.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Or maybe missing an o-ring or two somewhere causing a vacum leak.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Flucations like that are very indicative of a vaccuum leak.

Buc
            it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Working...
            X