VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!! (sort of)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodoobilly View Post
    taking the vac line off the petcock, and using my overhead gas bottles
    ok.. Im confuzzled here, Are you telling me your just removing the vac line from the petcock and hooking it up to an alternate fuel source?

The vac line is the one that goes into the opposite side of the knob (to be clear we are refering to the same line)

If this is the case, and your hooking that vac line to a gas can and its making the bike run perfect?!?! You've got a few issues to work out.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

You can bypass the vaccume tube using a gas drop by plugging one gas feeder line into the nipple between carbs 1&2, plugging anther gas feeder line to the nipple between carbs 3&4, take a piece of hose off the vaccume port on the outside of carb 4 and block it with a bolt or something (or just plug the vaccume port). Essentially your making the bike think it's running on Pri instead of running off the vaccume.

You let gravity take over.
      sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
      '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
      '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
        ok.. Im confuzzled here, Are you telling me your just removing the vac line from the petcock and hooking it up to an alternate fuel source?

The vac line is the one that goes into the opposite side of the knob (to be clear we are refering to the same line)

If this is the case, and your hooking that vac line to a gas can and its making the bike run perfect?!?! You've got a few issues to work out.
        no i am disconnecting it entirely....and i have a fuel stand in which i was running the bike off of, it's a gas can hanging off of an I.V.bag stand,works pretty good! that is what i was referring to.when thw vac is sealed, it pops. and when it is not , it doesn't.... i was thinking maybe something with the timing plate? is that vac assisted?
        Last edited by voodoobilly; 08-24-2009, 10:16 AM.
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Have you mounted up the airbox with filter yet? That will throw your air/fuel mixture way off for troubleshooting. Having that airbox on there might just fix everything. It shouldn't run BETTER with a vacuum leak.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
            Have you mounted up the airbox with filter yet? That will throw your air/fuel mixture way off for troubleshooting. Having that airbox on there might just fix everything. It shouldn't run BETTER with a vacuum leak.
            yeah... when i put it on with the larger main jet installed it idled a 3k, i went a size smaller on the main and it runs great.still pops a little though, aand a little backfire when i rev it....she's a sassy little thing!
            "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like it's not completely tuned right just yet.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                Sounds like it's not completely tuned right just yet.
                i'm taking it in to have it fine tuned, sync'd,etc... i'm just happy about being able to ride finally!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X