X

having truble with idle cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having truble with idle cable

i used ny chock to start the bike the other morning and when i pulled it back ( turned it off) the bike was still idleing hard ( high) a budy of mine thought it might be the idle cable so he started to fiddle with it ( not the problem) thew problem is that i found out why the chock was sticking but i fiddled again with the idle cable ( when my buddy was gone) and the screw came out....now its been 3 days and im still trying to figure out were this cable came from i have a 1993 katana 600cc if someone could help me that would be nice ( with pictures ) i have been looking on the net for days and cant find anything ....pls help

Between #2 and #3 carbs on the body of the #3 carb there is a fitting with a threaded hole for the idle cable to thread into. I've never tried to screw it back in with the carbs still on the bike so i won't say it is impossible. But there isn't a whole lot of space to work in.

Comment

is it hard to remove the carb?

Comment

You really need to download the maintenace manual. It will make this really easy

Getting to the carbs isn't hard. Pull the seat and gas tank. Disconnect the choke cable and throttle cable. Loosen the carb boots, unscrew the airbox and pull the airbox and carbs as one piece.

If you know for sure the adjuster is backed all the way out you are probably missing the spring and washer that go on it before it is threaded into the carb body. You'll need to get replacements.

Comment

ok to get carbs off enough to do this is easy just unscrew the clamps on the boots and pull it off

next its probably the spring thats bad
          thats used to bring back the choke
          so get a new spring

Comment

Thank allot.... I just finished puttin everything back together.... And guess what????
            It works, I feel so good about what I did, all by my self, I always thought I was all thombs. Everything is back to normal so I wanna take the time out to thank u for
            All of ur help.... Just one last question? Where can I download for free the service
            Manual fir my bike?????????

Comment

Originally posted by ballinmark View Post
              Just one last question? Where can I download for free the service
              Manual fir my bike?????????
              http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...Service_Manual
              2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X