X

Throttle cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable

Been having problems with my throttle cable after taking off the carbs. After I put the bike back together and fired it up it had a high idle. After looking at the throttle cable where it attaches to the carb I knoticed the outside of the cable and the nutscrew adjuster that threads into the carb arent togther. Are the cable and the adjuster at the carb one piece or does the cable just slip in there?

Usually the cable jacket is crimped into the nut to hold it. I'd dap a little contact cement or Crazy Glue in there and put the cable jacket back in the nut.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I would replace it, it's cheap and in effect being damaged that way, your cable is too short. Repalce it and you will get that extra 1/4" you need.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Either of the above will fix it, but it definately needs attention. Which path you choose all depends on your current budget constraints. Replacing the cable is the RIGHT answer, but if you just can't swing it right now the superglue and trying to squeeze the crimp a little tighter once the cable in back inside might just hold it for a while until you can get a new cable.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
        X