X

question about jet kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about jet kits

i was reading on here last night somewhere that if you have an four into one aftermarket exhaust your a/f screws need to be 2.5 out and shim your needle? i can't find the page again and my question is, how much do you shim your needles, and is this accurate... also what is the difference between a let kit and this mod? i have a 4into1 yoshi set-up, and stock needles, so if it's going to damage my bike i would love to address this problem immediatly. thanks , and ride safe
    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Whoa there. Stop. If you have a 4 into 1 aftermarket exhaust, you need to re-jet the carb's to larger fuel jets. You don't mess with the needles until you install the jet kit. Yes, long term use without a jet kit will eventually cause damage to your motor because of it running lean. If you install the jet kit, follow the installation instructions to a "T". And if the p.o. of your bike put on a 4 into 1, then you have to pull the carb's and investigate to see what he/she may have done to them. Or just call them and ask. "K"?
    Last edited by Kfreak; 08-14-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

well... i just got the bike three weeks ago and he's a friend of mine who said he put the 4in1 on rode it home and parked it for two years , then i got it. i re-built the carbs and cleaned them, but set the a/f screws to the suggested 1.75. i haven't riden it because a fuelcock issue that i'm waiting on parts for , so when i read that . i figured i had better ask, and then take care of it before i start riding it everywhere. where is the best place to purchase the jet kit?, and any specific kind? for a 96 600 kat, uni hi-flo filter, yoshi4into1... thanks again
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

sigpic

Comment

if you dont jet it and have a 4 to one you have no back preassure

Comment

Meh... I don't have a clue about the "modern" skis...Ask me about a 1973 300CC and I might be of some help. Yep, I had a 1973 300 JetSki (SN 0000007), well before anyone even knew what the hell they were.

Always liked taking it out for better then a decade and EVERYONE would say "What the hell is that???"

Now the Suzuki WetBike was another story...
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Ok.. that previous post is really out there. Water craft? wow... ok

Anywho... Factory Pro makes the best jet kit for the pre-98 Katanas. You can find their kits sometimes on E-bay but they have a website. Just search for "Factory Pro" and it will take you there. My advice, trash the Uni Hi-Flo filter and replace it with a stock filter. Katanas don't seem to like K&N filters and I can only assume the Uni will act the same way. The extra air flow makes them a tuning nightmare. Again, once you get the kit, follow the directions to the "T" and you should be good. If not, post up in here and we can get you running good.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
              Ok.. that previous post is really out there. Water craft? wow... ok

Anywho... Factory Pro makes the best jet kit for the pre-98 Katanas. You can find their kits sometimes on E-bay but they have a website. Just search for "Factory Pro" and it will take you there. My advice, trash the Uni Hi-Flo filter and replace it with a stock filter. Katanas don't seem to like K&N filters and I can only assume the Uni will act the same way. The extra air flow makes them a tuning nightmare. Again, once you get the kit, follow the directions to the "T" and you should be good. If not, post up in here and we can get you running good.
              yeah... don't know what that was about....thanks man i will look them up

sigpic

Comment

He knows of what he speaks , young one . Listen and heed his advice . For reals . You're about to embark on an adventure that'll learn you some stuff , frustrate you at times , and ultimately make you a better person . Wow , my happy pills must be kickin in finally .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Keep the 4 in 1. I had a Uni Hi Flo and went back to a stock air filter. I realized there were flat spots in the acceleration over time and just was not happy with my set up. Since you have a DynoJet kit, work with it. Unless you want to change to a Factory Pro kit. My DynoJet kit works fine. Go to Dyno's web site and read the instructions for your set up. I have a 750 and there is different a/f settings between your bike and mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                    Keep the 4 in 1. I had a Uni Hi Flo and went back to a stock air filter. I realized there were flat spots in the acceleration over time and just was not happy with my set up. Since you have a DynoJet kit, work with it. Unless you want to change to a Factory Pro kit. My DynoJet kit works fine. Go to Dyno's web site and read the instructions for your set up. I have a 750 and there is different a/f settings between your bike and mine.
                    well i don't have any kit yet , is dyno jet better than factory pro? i found them both and they are the same price, i have read a little info on them,...they seem to do the same.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by voodoobilly View Post
                      well i don't have any kit yet , is dyno jet better than factory pro? i found them both and they are the same price, i have read a little info on them,...they seem to do the same.
                      FactoryPro is 10X better than Dynojunk.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

And when you say "4 into 1" I hope what you mean is full system... and not just the stock header off a 98+
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

no it's the full system

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          FactoryPro is 10X better than Dynojunk.

Krey
                          thanks!
                          Last edited by voodoobilly; 08-15-2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Factory Pro gets good ratings on this sight. I don't have a personal interest in either so go with the most popular. "K"

Comment

Working...
                            X