X

Bike is broken FML.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike is broken FML.

Well im moving back down to muncie (BSU) and in the process of packing I decided id pull my bike out and let her warm up for the first time since the rally. Anyway, I go to start it and it just doesn't seem to be connecting. Imagine the pattern of a horse trotting dadada dadada dadada... thats the pattern of noise that my starter makes. It just sounds funny. I tried kicking up the kickstand and starting it in first, and the bike lurches forward rather violently... im just lost for words right now as im spending hundreds of nonexistent dollars to fix her and then I find out shes even more broken than I thought.

Any ideas would be wonderful, regardless of the fact that im moving away tomorrow... :/

Oh crap..sorry to hear that Ed
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news....
      Try putting it in PRI and starting....
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

take it out of gear the next time...honestly.

I have tried to start my bike after it has been sitting for a few days, and if its in gear, it always lurches forward, hard. Start it in neutral next time
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

That sucks bro.

Someone on here should be able to help you out
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

yeah mine lurches when shes cold.... i try to start her in N all the time.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

I think he means he tried that after it wouldn't start the proper way...
              -2000 "750"

Comment

The lurching could just be your clutch plates sticking. If you start it in gear, you may just have to ride it out until they free up.

When you start in neutral, is it turning over slower than normal? Battery weak?

Comment

dman man that sucks

Comment

How old is your battery? It might just be going flat....

Get some jumper cables, and hook it up to a car (with the car off!)
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I think the battery would be the first place I would start. Make sure you have it in prime if it has been sitting awhile otherwise it probably won't start. The lurching, thats kind of a normal thing for a mechanical clutch. It is really nothing to worry about as once it starts depending on how long it has sat it will free right up. It may lurch after started the first time you put it in gear but that will be the end of it.
                      sigpic
                      2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
                      2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

The battery is fine, fully charged. I tryed starting it again and it backfired REALLY loud. It sounds like I have fuel and compression, just no spark. Spark plugs? Bad coils? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Ed. I know you've got to be bummed. Keep your chin up, li'l bro!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Yeah dude it sucks... I knew some crap like this would happen too. I just dont understand why EVERYTHING I own is breaking. This just pains me because shes my baby and I want to ride SOOOOO bad

Comment

If it backfired you have spark, sounds flooded to me. Pull the plugs and dry them off.
                              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                              X