X

HELP: 97 750 trans locked up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: 97 750 trans locked up.

i was on my way home from work today and my trans/rear tire locked up. after some forceful shifting i got the bike outta second and made it about 25 yards to a parking lot. after turning off the bike i can no longer get it to roll, til i pulled the chain off.
    so now is my question...does anyone know a good place to buy a trans, or a rebuild kit for one? will a trans from a 600 fit a 750?
    i was also told a gsxr trans is made better and would bolt right up...any truth to that?
    i've even thought about puttin a gsxr1100 motor in it but can't find one under 2g
    help please

Not sure if a 600 will fit a 750 (I think it might) but I have a 750 motor I want to part out completely. I can sell you the trans if you want. Lemme know
    Captain of Squad 11

Comment

What gear were you in when your bike locked up? Did any of your gears make a whinding noise while in gear before this happened?

Comment

more details

Comment

I have never had a noise before this. I have only owned the bike a couple months and only once had the bike slip outta gear(2nd gear). I was actually in second gear when the bike locked. I've raced dirtbikes for years and never had a trans lock. I've lost a couple gears and blew some clutches out but never lock up.

Comment

clutch cable?
            Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Def not clutch cable. Still on there. The shifter wont move at all. Up or down.

Comment

About 30 hours (give or take)to tear down the motor, replace the transmission and reassemble. Or find a replacement 750 motor and plug and play. Your choice.

To replace the tranny, your going to have to split the case to do so.
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Where is best place to buy tranny parts. I'll replace everything inside to stop for tearing it apart next year. I have engine off bike and tranny out. Took about 3 hours. I've read that alot of the parts were upgraded to stop some of the "infamous" kat tran problems. Is this true? And where can i get them or a parts list?

Comment

what happened to your tranny , can U see why it locked up? shift forks? gears?

Comment

I was either going to replace it of rebuild the whole thing. Waiting on the decision before i split the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X