No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki Shop Manual Wrong on Valve Adj?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Shop Manual Wrong on Valve Adj?

Hay anyone else have an issue with the 'official' shop manual and the section around regular maintenance and adjusting the valves?
    Almost all the way through the manual the pictures are orientated from the drivers perspective sitting on the bike. In this section I feel they have the picture correct, but the "C" and "D"'s in the wrong place? They say cylinder 1 is on the right and 4 is on the far left??
    I have done it before and labeled it, but last night ignored my own labeling and things were WAY out of wack...

So here is the question...do you follow the instructions - intake and exhaust at TDC are to be gauged or do they mean cyl # 4 should be gauged at #1 TDC. I think it should be cyl #1 as to me that is what timing marks, and TDC mean.
    Comments?

If your sitting on the bike cylinder#1 is all the way to the left.1,2,3,4,

Comment

Turn the page so it matches the engine orientation....
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I guess I'll have to scan a copy and show everyone. Yes you can turn the page, but i guess my point is the info is incorrect and counter to what the picture shows.
        I agree the cyl's are 1 far left and 4 on the far right. I just find it interesting that no other picture I have found which makes you turn the book around - now making reading it more difficult - when all the other pictures are the correct orientation.
        I even marked my book - Front of Bike this way arrow pointing down - Cyl # 1 here - on the right not on the left etc.
        Just wanted others to be aware so they don't initially mess things up bad. That's all.

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
          X