X

looking for carb kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for carb kits

I'm cleaning carbs on a 90 750. Carbs 101 is great BTW. Now I need to get some stuff. Bowl gaskets, emulshion tube o rings and all the other o rings. Anybody have them ready to ship? wouldnt mind a petcock kit too. One more thing, I did not come across any fuel filters anywhere, not much room for any either. Any bright ideas on that would be nice too.

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You can try the smaller fuel filters found at most auto parts store, but I have found that most of them people use don't flow fuel fast enough to keep the carbs filled at highway speeds. You might get lucky and find one that does though. Most pre-98 owners just don't have filters and rely on the screen inside the tank that is on the petcock.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
        You can try the smaller fuel filters found at most auto parts store, but I have found that most of them people use don't flow fuel fast enough to keep the carbs filled at highway speeds. You might get lucky and find one that does though. Most pre-98 owners just don't have filters and rely on the screen inside the tank that is on the petcock.
        Just thinking...

The post kat fuel filters are high flow enough, they should work for the pre, right?... ?? .....

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Never really gave it much thought Krey, but you have a valid point. And the posts only run one fuel line to the carbs where the pre's run two. So if you got two filters, they would only be handling half the flow they are capable of and shouldn't be an issue. That just might be a solution right there.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

So where can I get those filters?

Comment

RonAyers.com ... BikeBandit.com ... Local Dealership... anywhere else you might buy motorcycle parts.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Working...
              X