X

Stock Needles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Needles

Had a question. Im getting bad gas milage bout 25-30 mpg. I took off the tops of one of the carbs to see the condition of the needle, and needle jet. The needle I assume is stock because there is no adjustment. Also the needle looks pretty worn out with streaks and wear marks all up and down it. Im going to go all out and order all the needles , needle jets and springs. My question is for the time being can I take out the stock shims under the needles so the needles sit down in there further or will this not work? Anyone done this before just wondering.

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
    Had a question. Im getting bad gas milage bout 25-30 mpg. I took off the tops of one of the carbs to see the condition of the needle, and needle jet. The needle I assume is stock because there is no adjustment. Also the needle looks pretty worn out with streaks and wear marks all up and down it. Im going to go all out and order all the needles , needle jets and springs. My question is for the time being can I take out the stock shims under the needles so the needles sit down in there further or will this not work? Anyone done this before just wondering.
    This may not help your mpg if the emulsion tubes are worn. The problem is the hole is larger and mishapen that they fit into, but I may be wrong. Certainly can give it a quick try, and see how it works. My guess is if it does anything, it will just make the bike run worse instead of better, but again.. don't know for certain.

The other thing you will want to check, is the floats. I would put the bike on prime, wait a min, then switch back to on and pull the fuel line. Blow on the line, and if it lets air through.... your loosing some gas there.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Im looking to order these carb parts soon as Id like better gas milage. I knoticed that there are 2 different kind of needles available. One is for california I assume and the other is for the rest of us? Is there one better at getting fuel milage?

Comment

I have the stock needles from my old pre 600 down in the basement...

Nevermind, I see you have a 750...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Im looking to order these carb parts soon as Id like better gas milage. I knoticed that there are 2 different kind of needles available. One is for california I assume and the other is for the rest of us? Is there one better at getting fuel milage?
          Not sure.....

I'm currently using new stainless emulsion tubes, with a Factory Pro jetkit (which includes their needles), +3 rear sprocket, and aftermarket 4-1 exhaust.

I currently get a very steady 48mpg.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Not sure.....

I'm currently using new stainless emulsion tubes, with a Factory Pro jetkit (which includes their needles), +3 rear sprocket, and aftermarket 4-1 exhaust.

I currently get a very steady 48mpg.

Krey
            Ok whered you get the stanless steell emulsion tubes id like to try some of them, factory is brass right?

Comment

Ok whered you get the stanless steell emulsion tubes id like to try some of them, factory is brass right?
              Original factory were brass.

All the online resources I've found online list a different part number (states replaces the old part number) and the difference is that they are made from stainless.

Specifically I ordered mine through waynesville cycle center, and by calling them direct they beat their online prices, and will ship to you.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

wow Kreylyn thought I was gonna make out pretty good at the suzuki dealer today. I found out each emulsion tube is like 28 bucks a piece needles are 10 a piece and those little e-clips are2.50 a piece. Wow thats alot of loot I thought they were 28 bucks for 4 of them. Too bad I dont have that kind of loot to throw around at the moment. I ordered 4 cali needles figuring that would help on emissions-gas milage? Oh well im in new york well see how good the cali needles work when they get here. I will post some pics of the cali needles compared to the stock needles when they get here.

Comment

wow Kreylyn thought I was gonna make out pretty good at the suzuki dealer today. I found out each emulsion tube is like 28 bucks a piece needles are 10 a piece and those little e-clips are2.50 a piece. Wow thats alot of loot I thought they were 28 bucks for 4 of them. Too bad I dont have that kind of loot to throw around at the moment. I ordered 4 cali needles figuring that would help on emissions-gas milage? Oh well im in new york well see how good the cali needles work when they get here. I will post some pics of the cali needles compared to the stock needles when they get here.
                  By calling the place I ordered mine, I came out well under $20 per emulsion tube.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X