X

Master Cylinder Screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder Screws

The screws on the cap for the front brake fluid reservoir are pretty much stripped. I managed to get a flathead to grip for little bit but the screws are stuck in there. At this point I'm assuming it's a matter of getting an easy-out and replacing the screws?

I've actually never had to use an easy out...you just drill the screw with the bit provided, put the easyout in, then thread it out right?

-Duo
    Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

Thats what i did

Comment

yep thats what ya do
      sigpic
      2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
      2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Alternatively you can skip the easyout all together and just drill the head off. I've had those screws strip out about 4 times and every time I've just been able to drill the head off and unscrew what's left with my fingers.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I would replace them with stainless hexheads myself once you get them off. The phillips heads do strip out really easy.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That was my thought too, until I stripped the SS hex head bolts too...

Now I use SS slotted screws, lots of meat for the screwdriver.
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
              Alternatively you can skip the easyout all together and just drill the head off. I've had those screws strip out about 4 times and every time I've just been able to drill the head off and unscrew what's left with my fingers.
              That;s what I did . twice . Not hard to do , just a little time-consuming .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X