X

bottom triple

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottom triple

hey wondering if someone could help me out. I have an 06 kat 600 and need a new triple. Is it compatible with a 2000 bottom triple? and where would i check this in the future not to bother you guys?

thanks

Use Ronayers.com..
    Mouse over "OEM Parts" then "Online Microfiche".
    Under "Suzuki" Click "Motorcycle"..
    Select your year..
    Your bike..
    Your part section.. (Steering Stem)
    Your part (51410-08F10 click on it)
    A new window will display the info on that part ($245, ouch!)
    Copy and paste that part number into the box on the left hand side marked "Where does this part fit?" Click search..
    Bingo, pretty much every 98+ Katana uses that part...
    Last edited by Black_peter; 08-04-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

No, the triples for 98-02 are narrower than the 03-06 bikes. You'll need to find an 03-06 triple for your bike.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Teddy, I thought there was a few years where the spacing changed..
        Why is Ron Ayers listing 98-06 as the same PN??

Comment

no idea, but they are wrong...I'd hate to see this guy get the wrong part for that kind of money though...

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I don't doubt you one bit bud...

Comment

Thanks guys imtrying to find a used one off of some one i guess i gota keep looking.

Thanks again and ifyou see anyone parting an 03-06 shoot um my way please

Comment

what else would i need to change to put on a say 06 stem? the top triple? anything else?

Comment

I don't get what you are asking...The bottom triple will come with the stem considering they are press fit from the factory. If you get an 03-06 bottom triple, it will work with your existing 06 top triple just fine. I would suggest new bearings though considering you must have hit something or had something hit you hard enough to destroy the lower triple...

Comment

yea i bought the bike after it was downed and my apologies im saying what would i need to put on if i use an older bottom like a 2000 for ex. do i just need a 2000 upper or anything else?

Comment

well, if you go to the narrower 200 triple, then you will need the upper triple as well as the front wheel from the 98-02 with the dished brake rotors. I'd wait for the lower triple for the proper year (03-06) if I were you, it's much less hassle.

Comment

gotcha. will be looking. thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X