X

Front Axle Hex Size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle Hex Size?

I need a new tire on front, '06 600 Kat. I see the axle needs a hex head tool to remove it - does anyone know what size? Biggest we have is a 10, and its bigger than that. I can buy a 12 on i-net, but if it's bigger, does anyone know where to get one? THANKS !!!!!

I think it's a 16mm, if I can find mine I'll double check.
    Kyle

Comment

It's a 12mm I have one in my toolkit which I lent to Malloc at the rally so he could change his front tire. I bought it for the same reason. Mine's a unitool hex socket. I think I bought it at an auto parts store.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

THANKS !!!!!!!
        (don't worry, I am a female, so the hearts are OK.)

Comment

Head to harbor freight or northern tool or whatever you have local and pick one up.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Correct it is 12mm, a trick I used is the exhaust bolt by the passenger footpeg is the same size and easy to get to. Remove it and the nut, put the nut all the way back on, then you can use it to take the front wheel off with just a 12mm socket or cresent.

Comment

yup 12mm katman saved me from having to buy one again , as i had one in my car but not in the bike
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dayvidgallagher View Post
                Correct it is 12mm, a trick I used is the exhaust bolt by the passenger footpeg is the same size and easy to get to. Remove it and the nut, put the nut all the way back on, then you can use it to take the front wheel off with just a 12mm socket or cresent.
                Is that cool, or what??????

Originally posted by steves View Post
                Head to harbor freight or northern tool or whatever you have local and pick one up.
                We don't have too much local here, so I ordered from I-net. Anyway, I didn't want to go into a store and goof up and say "I need to see a size 12 sex tool".......
                Last edited by kkm; 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X