X

92 katana 750 not idling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 katana 750 not idling

i decided to post this here for some help. my dads katana has a problem that when he starts it it idles at like 3k then he adjusts the screw on the side of the carb and it drops to like 500 then when he revs it a few times it goes right back to idling at 3k. what is wrong?

pilots are clogged or the pilot adjustment screw is set to lean

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
      pilots are clogged or the pilot adjustment screw is set to lean
      +1

Try turning the A/F screws out 1/2 turns at a time first, not past 4.5 turns.

If that doesn't do it, time to pull and clean the carbs fully.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

same problem but when I brake the motor tries to die

I've been having the same problem, mine is a 91 750, and it runs hard, very hard. If the bike is up to temp and I'm going down the road and when I slow down it tried to die, my bike has a stage 3 jet kit and I'm wondering if the float bowl level is too low. It screams in high rpms but slowing down I have to clutch and give it a very small amount of throttle, once it's stopped it will idle between 2000-25,2800 rpms. If anyone has any idea on this please jump in and help me, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bta2997 View Post
          I've been having the same problem, mine is a 91 750, and it runs hard, very hard. If the bike is up to temp and I'm going down the road and when I slow down it tried to die, my bike has a stage 3 jet kit and I'm wondering if the float bowl level is too low. It screams in high rpms but slowing down I have to clutch and give it a very small amount of throttle, once it's stopped it will idle between 2000-25,2800 rpms. If anyone has any idea on this please jump in and help me, thanks
          Stage 3 normally requires A/F screws out to 4 or 4.5 turns for it to idle correctly.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm gonna go with vacuum leak. Check the airbox and boots.
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
              I'm gonna go with vacuum leak. Check the airbox and boots.
              Stage 3 should not have an airbox at all...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Does the OP have stage 3?
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
                  Does the OP have stage 3?
                  Don't think so, sorry... was just going down the line on the post and made an incorrect assumption on who you were responding too...

Sorry.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X