X

synthetic+conventional

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetic+conventional

Is it safe to start running a synthetic oil in a motorcycle engine with 25,000 miles on it if it has just had conventional oils for those 25,000. Ive heard synthetic should only be run in new engines after break in but not with a high mileage engine. Heard bad stories of leaky seals, spun bearings?

There should NOT be an issue with the bearings unless they are bad already. It IS possible to get oil leaks. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

after the initial oil change (500 miles or something around there) you can run whatever whenever. Its save to switch from dyno to synth as long as u drain it out, you dont have to clean it or anything.

I suggest getting shell rotella t 5w40 in the blue bottle. Its synthetic, 20 bucks from walmart, and is supposed to be as good or better than amsoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
        I suggest getting shell rotella t 5w40 in the blue bottle. Its synthetic, 20 bucks from walmart, and is supposed to be as good or better than amsoil.
        Everytime I agree with you, I have to whip myself to attone.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X