X

spectro platinum 10w 40

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spectro platinum 10w 40

anyone familiar with this oil? I am trying different oils each change (only fullly syns) to see what i like best for the price. It was $12 per quart. I'm in FL and ride about 400 miles weekly almost all highway and mostly around 90 in 6th (stock gearing).

thanx,
    erik
    Last edited by erok011; 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM.
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

It is good oil but you can get Amsoil much cheaper! Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

$12/quart?!?!?!?

Hope you're getting a happy ending for that kinda scratch...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

wow... no doubt. go buy some Rotella for a ton less money.
        92 Katana 600
        ------
        GO BLUE!!!

Comment

stealership only place close and not much selection. Needlees to say i will be better prepared and order something for the nxt one
          And until we meet again,
          RIP Marc

Comment

Go to Walmart and buy a gallon of Rotella T synthetic for $20 a gallon. I accept thank yous in the form of brownies and pizza.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i purchase that factory suzuki 10w40 at the dealership. I think its like 3.25 a quart or so. Im kinda cautious bout running the synthetic because of cluth slippage problems but i dunno maybe not. Is rotella 15w40 safe to use?

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
                i purchase that factory suzuki 10w40 at the dealership. I think its like 3.25 a quart or so. Im kinda cautious bout running the synthetic because of cluth slippage problems but i dunno maybe not. Is rotella 15w40 safe to use?
                1.) The Suzuki oil is ok at best. It's crap compared to the other offerings out there. Same with the Honda stuff.

2.) Synthetic oil does not cause clutch slippage. Millions of motorcycle riders use it.

3.) No, the 15w40 Rotella is NOT something to use in your bike. That's car oil. You want the 5w40 synthetic in the blue jug, NOT THE WHITE jug. I made that mistake, it sucked.

You want the stuff on the left, not the stuff on the right. I use the white jug for old oil and brake fluid.

Comment

Here folks are some tips on choosing motor oil selection.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I use Mobil 1 MX4T real full synthetic.
                  Last edited by katitoy; 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM.
                  KATitoy

Comment

the butt dyno felt really good yesterday. I also replaced the air filter, and the bike was running great.
                    And until we meet again,
                    RIP Marc

Comment

Working...
                    X