X

cant get the 1100 to run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get the 1100 to run

stock 1127 with yosh race pipe with 4 in to 1 cyclone header filter pods unknowing jet kit

it will start and idle a bit rough but will idle i can ride it but it just runs like crap rough sound dead spot when i roll on the throttle but some time not
    its only running on #2 3 and 4 i can touch the number 1 pipe when its running) it is getting fuel
    number one is wet fouling and some times it sort of kicks in like number 1 works for a half of sec or so
    was running good went for a ride after a rain (could something be water dammaged?) went to gas up then a few minutes latter it all went down hill i have replaced
    sparkplugs
    coils
    wires
    boots

i have also cleaned out the carbs and synced them
    valves are in good adjustment
    tried different settings on the metering rod for number 1
    drained gas and filled up with new gas as i thought i might have had a bad tank
    so far no results

when ideling and i pull plug wire #1 nothing happens if i pull #2 or #4 it getts real rough and #3 makes it die (1 at a time)
    i got spark at all plugs

any ideas
    You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

Unknown jetting. That's a problem.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Have you done a compression test on each cylinder?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        Unknown jetting. That's a problem.
        granted but it ran awesome until it rained
        You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

Comment

Check all the connections on the coils and test them for primary and secondary resistance.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ok so just for fun today i switch ed the wires from the harness going to the 1-4 coil and now 1 works but 4 is cold?

Comment

Working...
            X